Frank

Well, you can’t have a bride without a groom, so my next project, of course, had to be Frankenstein.

.

His pattern was from the same website as the bride’s pattern. I used the same Jiffy yarn for the skin. The challenge to Frank was his hair. The pattern did a good job of making his head square and the hair matched that closely, but the fit of my hair on his head did not go as smoothly as I think it should have. My best guess as to why is the Jiffy yarn. Because the Jiffy yard is a little thicker than the Red Heart I used to make his hair, his hair seemed a little short and tight on his head. If I was making him again with the Jiffy yarn, I would make the hair longer and wider to accommodate this. Even with this, I am pleased with the look of his hair on his head.

I did get a chance to try my stuffing theory on Frank and, yes, it did work better. I stitched a few more rows before I started to stuff Frank’s body. It did not make the stuffing any more difficult and I like the look of the closer stitches better.

.

As before the sewing of the detail stitches was the best part of the construction. When it came to stitching his mouth, the husband said that Frank is a monster and to give him a frown. I said he was frowning because he was getting married.

If I make either Frank or his bride again, I think I will use the pipe cleaner technique that I created for Domo-kun in their arms. That way I can pose their arms out in front of them like you see in the monster movies.

.

I am pleased with the final results of Frank and he looks very handsome by his bride.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s