Bad news! Due to a schedule change at work, it looks like I am going to have to work on Halloween night this year. Major bummer man! I won’t be alone though, I will have three coworkers working with me too. Horror of horrors! So I decided that rather than being too bummed out about working, I would still have a great holiday and that I would make a little something fun for my coworkers since they had to work too.
I picked these fun Halloween dolls to crochet up for my Halloween coworkers as gifts. The pattern included all three dolls. I did not want to make the same doll three times so I decided to make them each a different doll from this pattern. The three dolls, the Pumpkin Head, The Lil’ Devil, and the Skeleton all have the same basic parts for each doll then there are some adjustments to the parts make each doll unique. After making the first doll, the second doll came together quickly with the last one taking even less time to make. The arms and legs were the same for all the dolls and it only took making a couple of arms and legs before I had the pattern done and they worked up very easily from there. I stitched the arms and legs to the bodies before I stuffed the bodies. On the first doll, I inserted the legs into the body and make a knot inside the body. This did not work. The leg was not secure and the knot could be pulled out too easily. I then tried make the knot bigger with still no luck in securing the legs. Finally I figured out that I needed to stitch the leg to the body and then knot the leg. This secured the legs and made them so they could not be pulled off of the body. After that the attachment of arms and legs went quickly.
The part that took the longest on these three dolls was in the details, but it was the most fun part too. Their little bow ties worked up easily and turned out so cute. I really like the little bows ties on the dolls. The pattern was easy to follow to make the hat for the skeleton, the cap for the devil and the leaves and stem for the pumpkin. It just took time to crochet and stitch on these parts. But, not as much time as the smiles, eyebrows, and bones took to add to the dolls. I spent a fair amount of time giving each doll its details. I wanted a mischievous devil and not an evil devil. I wanted the pumpkin to have a crazy smile but not too crazy, and I wanted the skeleton’s bones to be even. Even though this was time consuming, it is these details that makes these dolls so dang cute.
I am very pleased with the end result of each of the dolls and I really had a great time making them and would love to make more of them. I am going to use these dolls in my Halloween diorama this year before I give them away on Halloween night. I hope my coworkers like them. I sure do.